Yup, it’s that time of the year again.
If you aren’t in a relationship, this day can be sort of a bummer. You can’t go outside without seeing happy couples strolling around town hand in hand. That can be annoying even if you don’t have the V-Day blues.
Whether you’re single or just over the Valentine’s Day hype, here are some fun things to do on that chocolate-filled day.
- Pamper Yourself: Who says you need a relationship to feel good? Treating yourself to some much needed spa-time may be even better than a handful of chocolate hearts. Go enjoy a massage, get a mani and pedi, get a facial. If you don’t to spend too much money you could stay at home and have a movie marathon, order out and kick your feet up. Just make sure you’re doing something that relaxes you.
- Hang out with friends: If you have a friend or friends who also don’t have a Valentines, why not celebrate it together? Go out for a girl’s night in your finest party-clothes or even gather at someone’s house for a small tight-knit party. Heck, you could even throw a huge party if you’re all up for it!
- Get Out of Town: If you’re feeling adventurous, plan ahead to leave your town to a place you’ve always wanted to go or a place that you’re interested in visiting. This place can be a drive away or a plane ride. You could get on a cruise. You could even simply visit your parents or someone you haven’t seen in a long time. This is all about keeping your mind busy and enjoying yourself!
- Get a New Hobby: Try something new and refreshing! Take up swimming, yoga, sight-seeing…just try something that will focus your mind and bring you out with a new fun thing to do. Even if you don’t like it, at least you tried something different. That is an award in itself.
- Go to a Comedy Show: Whether you go alone or with a friend, you’re sure to have a good time while you’re laughing!
I hope these ideas will help you out on Valentine’s Day. Remember, even if you don’t have a Valentine, you can be your own. Life is what you make it. Don’t waste a day of it being depressed over what is supposed to be a good day.